Saturday, May 10, 2008

FOB Delta

For those of you who don't know I am now at a location called FOB Delta which is near Al Kut. Briefly, since I don't have a lot of time I will explain the setup here. First, no luxuries are present here. The post is new and the Army never runs a good MWR. So, there is no real internet access for personal use. I am sitting at an MWR computer right now that I had to wait in line to gain access - I waited about 1 hour to be able to get 30 minutes or so on the sytem. That actually is a good wait time.

We have one dining facility - it is always busy. I live in a concret bunker that once housed Iraqi fighter planes. I share a small room with a guy named David is as weird as they come. The dude is a neat freak.

I don't have any pictures to share right now but eventually I will load some into this post along with more info about life here in Al Kut.

No comments: