Saturday, April 19, 2008

Baghdad to Al Kut.....via a Blackhawk


This is a quick post as I am now in Al Kut or FOB Delta. The internet connection availability here is limited at best. Anyhow, just to focus on the trip from Baghdad to Al Kut. I was able to get on a Blackhawk out of Baghdad Airport - it was a crowded flight. It took about three hours to arrive in Al Kut - stopping at three other locations along the way.

I took several photographs as we flew down as I had one of the seats next to the door. There was only one other civilian on the helo and it was full of items. Some photos turned out pretty good but I can't post all of them here. It was neat to see Baghdad from the air and then the countryside of Iraq as we flew down. I was struck at some of the views from the air - you just can't imagine what it looks like until you actually see it.
The first photo I posted is of me in the helo - I was able to stick my hand down between some bags and take an upshot - you can still my bag in the photo.



This photo is an arial view of Al Kut - very beautiful for the most part. There are several bridges that connect the two sides of the city.

No comments: